Shut Down after 25~40minutes

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bretenn, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

guys, i need all ur help....

i have a pc..... athlon 900mhz, with epox 8kta3+ and blabla bla....
    my prob is it will shutdown by itself after erm..... 25~40 minutes even it is idle. After that, i cant switch on that cpu.... i only can do that after 3 to 5 hours.....
    At first i thought it will be overheating prob.... so i remove the casing cover, change a cpu fan and it still not work.... even i had change the psu...... still the same....

Anyone can figure out?? now i suspect it mayb because of that motherboard......

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

could be several things, bad motherboard, bad memory stick, overheating, bad cpu, the possibilities are endless really without more info, like sdoes it do it everytime or if you open certain apps, etc.

:cool:

3. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

evertime.... change ram oredi, didnt installed any program (just to ensure fewer problem occur)..... only windows........

4. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

hmmmm, u o/c that cpu right ? turn it back down to where it's supposed to be and see what happens.

:cool:

5. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

of course i din o/c it.... everything is in default...... i suspect it will be that motherboard..... i had checked everything that i can except for that stupid mobo....

6. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

wheres that thread by Cam??

Bytesback did some good work there.

I am looking, will post if I can find it.

7. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Right click my computer\properties\advanced\startup & recovery\settings. Untick automatic restart. You should then get an error box popping up before restating.

8. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

later i will try to change a ew mobo.... see whether it is my mobo or not...... 10s.....

9. SickBoi

SickBoi Kicker of Elves

I have an epox 8KHA+ and it does the same thing.. i thought it was an IRQ conflict.. but i got my sound card and video card to stop sharing one and that still didn't help.. i'm going to try upgrading the BIOS.. i dunno.. just want to let you know i'm in the same boat..

10. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

hmm.... finally solved.... it is that stupid mobo!!!

btw... i got a pc that does the same things but it is the psu prob..... sickboi!
    ;)