Sharing one outlook account over LAN

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mubbers, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

I have a 2 PC LAN (Desktop / Laptop) I've set up the laptop so that I can access e-mails from all the accounts I have set up on my desktop, no shakes there...

However once I have D/L emails to the laptop they are now in the latop and invisible to the desktop. As I only need the laptop for email at home is there anyway I can get it to share the file on the desktop i.e. be able to D/L emails but for the mail to be stored on the desktop?

2. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

It's the outlook.pst file I need to be sharing right?

3. cooperman

cooperman OSNN One Post Wonder

To keep all e-mail messages on your desktop but still recieve e-mails on you laptop i suggest the following.
    On your laptop go to the advance tab of the e-mail account settings for each e-mail account and make sure that you tick the leave copy of messages on server box.
    This will let you recieve e-mails on your laptop but will not delete them from your mail server so you can still recieve them on your desktop.

On your desktop machine go to the advance tab of the e-mail account settings for each e-mail account and make sure that you untick the leave copy of messages on server box. This will delete all messages on your mail server that you have recieved on your desktop.

This method ensures that all e-mails recieved are kept together on your desktop.

The only problem with this method is once the e-mails have been recieved on your desktop you will not be able to recieve them on your laptop.

This sytem works for me and i have 3 pc's on my network with one of them being a laptop which i use to travel about with.

Hope this helps.