Sharing in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by drz01, May 14, 2007.

1. drz01

drz01 Weekend DJ

Some of my drives will not share properly in Vista (Ultimate) The show up on the other computer as a network drive and I can see the folders ect... But when I click on a folder it says you have no premision to access this drive. I shares all the drives the same way. The laptop is rinning home premium

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

unshare and reshare it a few times.

I ran into this issue back at my folks place last weekend. I didn't look too deeply into the issue but the above fixed it for me.

3. drz01

drz01 Weekend DJ

That did not work.

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Sprang to life for me about an hour after I needed it working :p The unshare and reshare did fix it for me however. Give it some time and try again.

I also fiddled with the advanced permissions.

5. trainmaster77

trainmaster77 Moderator Political User Folding Team

i built a rig to learn more about vista ... nothing real fancy... but is sporting vista ultimate ...and am trying to share the printer (which is attached to the vista ultimate machine) ..and followed through with the instructions provided ...but cant seem to find the printer on the other networked computers ...all the others are using XP Home, XP MCE, or even XP Pro ..all 32 bit.

I can see the xp computers on the vista ultimate computer ..but cant see the vista computer from the xp computers ..what gives here?

6. Tweakfiend

Tweakfiend OSNN Senior Addict

Ditto