service pack 1 BETA???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by DAZZ, Jun 23, 2002.

1. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

how do i install this??

i "downloaded" it while back :D

and theres no setup.exe or nothin in it????

2. engel59

engel59 Guest

If you have the same file as I do, XPSP1beta.zip, you need to unzip it into a temporary directory and then you can install it.
    I used WinZip to extract my file.

3. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

uhh, no

im just wondering why there isnt a setup.exe or even any .exe in the cd

4. Dlovely

Dlovely Guest

Can anyone give me a link or a pointer on how to get the XPSP1?? I appreciate any help.

5. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Check out the article here.

6. Dlovely

Dlovely Guest

HAHA i cannot believe i downloaded that and saw to my amazement that it questioned whether i had pirated software and would not allow me to proceed. Im currently using XP Pro that was "given" to our rather large company for testing etc... for a possible rollout. I cannot believe this version will not allow a SP1 install. Nothing surprises me about Microsoft anymore and now i understand why hackers etc... get a kick out of beating them and their stupid games.

7. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

You're really going to love it when you find out you can't use windows update anymore.

8. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

It only doesn't work with a certain illegal product key... Who gave it to you to "test" ?

9. pmcartney

pmcartney Guest

Neowin, another zero warez tolerance board/news has released the site for a copy (120mbs) of 1060

http://www.sky999.com/home/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=219

In other words it is beta, it is news it would benefit you ONLY if you a( have a real copy of XP
    B) Wanna save time with the final which will include AOL 9??
    (AOL Alpha 9 in 1061)

YES you can install over another prior version, but this is just for those chomping at the bit to get it.
    Frankly ZDNET says wait till it is done, nothing to write home about.

Why AOL is getting back with MS is weird! Again this is from a TOTALLY ANTI WAREZ board like this one.

--Rich

10. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

url didn't work here

11. pmcartney

pmcartney Guest

Keep trying it works and it is a rar file too. : (

--Rich
    Just worked when I clicked it.

12. bigrahs

bigrahs Guest

Just right click link and save target as.... pretty fast download spped here!

13. Dlovely

Dlovely Guest

My "test" copy is a legitimate copy sent to my software testing team at work from microsoft. Its a final version 5.1.2600.
    Im part of the IT dept. so obviously i have access to it but i cannot believe it messes up and the key isnts FCKGW or whatever that hacked key is. Im sure we'll get a new copy but its
    just a matter of time like the poster said above that windows update will be gone.

14. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Well simply contact Microsoft and they will supply you with a new one...