Server Backup - Acronis?

Discussion in 'Windows Server Systems' started by deaddybear, Jul 13, 2005.

1. deaddybear

deaddybear OSNN One Post Wonder

I am thinking of buying Acronis True Image Server 8.0. It's kind of expensive even at 20% Off, so I'd like to know if any one here has anything good or bad to say about it. Is it worth the money or are there more affordable solutions?

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Personally I use CA BrightStor (v11.1*). I've always had good luck with it and it is very easy to work with. (Requires a tape drive of some sort)

I can't think of any affordable backup solutions for servers. Prices go through the roof when you talk servers.

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I agree, server software is NOT cheap. Personally, I have supplied Veritas Backup Exec to all my clients since before it went Symantec. I feel that going forward, it is only going to improve on an already excellent product.

EDIT: Since this is an opinion thread, you have the chance to try this out for 60 days, free. http://www.veritas.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=9867

4. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

i have used the acronis software before and its nice but also the Veritas Backup Exec is a good peace too.

5. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Veritas & Acronis are both very viable options for server backup/disk imaging

6. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

I use True Image server exclusively, it is very good .. Much better than Symentec in my opinion. It is expensive yes. But worth it ...

7. fimchick

fimchick OSNN Senior Addict

We use Acronis as wel. We use it primarily for imaging workstations and servers (not so much as for backups) but I've found it to work very well in any situation.

8. mfarley

mfarley OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

Have not used the server software but I can say there True Image is a great and easily implemented necessity for me. Acronis gets an A as far as I'm concerned.