Security Update

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by damnyank, May 16, 2002.

1. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Just in case ya'll have not been to the XP-erience Home Page - you need to check out the latest Security Update:

Q321232: Security Update
    Posted by waddy on Wednesday, May 15 @ 23:49:03 BST

It is available thru Windows Update

2. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

I had the update reminder thing pop up last night about that. I'd always wondered if it worked.. guess so! :)

3. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Just updated. I was busy last night and forgot :( Thanx for the reminder damnyank :)

4. rjack22

rjack22 Guest

I downloaded and installed the latest security update for IE 6.0 this morning.

Afterwards when I used Outlook Exress to send a email it looked for the email address in my address book, which it has never done before. Thinking that a setting just needed to be changed I went to Tools/options to change it. Funny thing, the options were gone from the menu. If fact the menus had changed. I didn't like this so I did a system restore to get my old Outlook Express back.

Does anyone know what is going on here? Or can tell me where the options went?

5. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

rjack22

You will not like to hear this - but I still have my Tools/Options as they exsisted before I downloaded and installed the update.

You could go to IE 6 Help/About Internet Explorer and make sure that Q321232 is listed in the Update Versions Field.

This verifies that the patch was installed!

I guess it's not much help - but might be a start!