search engine

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by bronco46, Jan 14, 2003.

1. bronco46

bronco46 Guest

for some reason anytime i try and search throught the address bar, it uses some sort of a search engine called . i have no clue where that came from and/or why. i tried resetting the IE options back to defaults, but it still goes through squire, which really does nothing for me. i was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way that i would be able to switch the search engine that it uses to something else (such as google)
  2. theone1

theone1 Guest

try this- click the search tab in internet explorer-Change Preferences-Change Internet Search Behaviour-Select the default Search Engine
  3. bronco46

bronco46 Guest

IE search problem...HELP!!

i tried that, and the search companion has been workking fine....usually i just type in what im searching for in the actual address bar, and if it can't find a site or whatever, it automatically does a search for possible related sites. thats where i'm having the problem. usually it does that particular search through MSN, which is fine; however lately its been going to some dumb site called and trying a search in there which gets me nowhere.