Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by Sazar, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    watched it last night..

have mixed feelings about it... I liked the directorial style... the landscapes were great and the horse riding scenes/races were quite brilliantly conducted...

the 3 main characters did a fabulous job IMO... perhaps not quite oscar worthy for the owner/and maguire... but the horse trainer was good... really good... again IMO :)

here's the problem I had with the movie...

there are a few holes that just gape and are never filled... for a movie that is supposedly an oscar contender... you can't have holes in the story/flow of the movie like the ones I felt... not with the sterling performance being put forth by the cast...

there was just something lacking... I don;t know what it was but this movie could have been GREAT but in the end is merely GOOD... thats not a bad thing but if you watch the movie...perhaps you will see that something that could have been so much more does leave one a touch dissapointed inside...

btw... musical score was very well done as well... IMO...

I give the movie 3.5/5 ntfs stars... a good thoughtful movie... just lacking a little...
  2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I've been meaning to catch this film. The cast looks outstanding, and so I'm hoping for the best. I'll post my own rating once I see it.
  3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

New York City
    I really liked the whole theme of the movie, and the acting was very good too :)
  4. daddyo

daddyo OSNN Addict

The horse trainer was Chris Cooper. He was EXCELLENT. The rest of the cast was good, but Chris stood out.

This was a feel-good movie but it's one of the few times I've seen the audience clap when the movie ended. I enjoyed it immensely.
  5. Daviepants

Daviepants Guest

I wanted to see this a while ago, but I haven't got to the theater to watch it, since I'm just lazy.