Scratched CD

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hi people.
Does anyone know of a good way to get data off a scratched CD? I'm going to Chester tomorrow and I need autoroute to print me off a map but my CD is scratched badly and I need to get the files off it by tomorrow if poss. I can't make an image of it or anything, but surely there is a data retireval program that's free somewhere ????
Cheers.

cd doc. thats the only thing i can think of........though ive heard wax works but i wouldnt put that in my pc.........now if the scratches are ontop of the disk(should check) then there is nothing you can do. if there on the bottom then i suggest going to eb or wal-mart and pick up a cd/dvd doc. :D

What's CD Doc?? Is it software? I need to get this done tonight and all the shops are shut now :-S Cheers for the help.

search for ISO buster as from what I've read should be able to get the data of ur cd and its free so u have no money to lose

naw not sofware bro. its this tool that you put your cd/dvd playstation game xbox game whatever on and you apply this spray and slowly reapply the missing layer that protects the disk so that the laser doesnt skip over the bumbs anymore.....i love mine helps out with alot of old scratched cds and games....but if nothing is open im not sure what you will be able to do besides find a way to get the groves filled in......kinda wierd, my friend use to do it with his old audio cd, took car wax and rubbed it on the cd then wiped it off gives it a layer for a short amount of time in a sense its the same as the cd/dr. but thats up to u.

check in computer shops for a cd repair kit.. it consists of a little bottle of silica based (liquified) compound that you rub onto the disk.. I have used it on a bunch fo cd's.. also, there are hopefully some shops in your area (try game rental shops) that provide cd repair service.. at this point I doubt software will help you read data from spots where a scratch difracts the laser too much..

and if you do get it to work... copy it to another cd lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back