Samurize weather

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by Evil Marge, May 6, 2004.

1. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Help,I've downloaded Samurize and I want the weather on my desktop but I keep getting "Malicious Script Detected" in the config.exe and client.exe.
    What's going on??? :mad:

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Norton creates this message, right? What script are you using for your weather... DesktopWeatherXML? As for config.exe, I've never seen that process run when I have Samurize running. Samurize only produces client.exe in the processes of the task manager.

3. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Config.exe should be running. It is the configuration program part of samurize.

4. Evil Marge

Thanks guy's Funky Dredd told me what is was so I've sorted it :D
    Still can't get it to work though,for some reason the temp,humidity etc is alway blank :confused: Everythings set as it's supposed to be so i've no idea whats wrong.

5. muzikool

I was a bit confused but we're both right. Config.exe is the config editor, but that doesn't have to be running all of the time. Client.exe is the process that displays the configuration on the desktop.

@Marge - do you know what weather script you are using? It helpful to know when trying to figure these things out. :)

6. Evil Marge

I'm using,or trying to use the DesktopWeatherXML v1.4.

7. Beginning

Beginning I'm Beginning Somehow...

Some people say it's easier to use the suite Tadis created over at "cough" AS "cough"... :) Although I ain't tried it myself.. I should once just to see.. :) Hope you get it worked out though Emarge...

8. muzikool

I did try Tadis' suite, and I found DesktopWeatherXML easier to configure. The configurations really are so simple, that I'm not sure what might be wrong. Marge, you might attach the script (or config) as it is and I could play with it a bit.

9. Beginning

I'm just real happy my samurize is workin' fine.. I used to have a lot of grief before 1.4 :)

10. Evil Marge

Oh guy's thanks for mentioning Tadis' suite,I've got and it works like a dream.
    Wish I'd known about it before,I'd have had it all set up in 5 minutes :rolleyes: :D

11. muzikool

Great! :D

12. Beginning

Woo-Hoo .. Right on!! I'm glad you got it working E-marge.. :)