Safari for Windows... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Windows Applications' started by Punkrulz, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

I found it weird that my Apple Updates was telling me that Safari is available for download for Windows... which again, I'm running Windows XP. I decided to try Safari out just to see what's going on with it. I can legitimately say that to me, the browser is faster. I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up Firefox or not... so I'm really interested to hear what other users think about this Apple - Windows crossover.

Thoughts?

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

I tried safari for windows and thought it was really bad, I assume it works better on mac then windows...I also couldn't stand the lack of features

anyway, I know plenty of people think it's the best browser you can use

3. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

last time i used it, it was smidge buggy, and from what i hear MS may block the way Apple is pushing the way safari is installed

4. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

I did note that every single time I open Safari and then close it, I get one of those referenced memory error popups. I also noted that it's a bit of a memory hog... My firefox can drain memory over time, but Safari takes about 140mb of memory when first opening.

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I was prompted for this last night by Apple Update as well. After a few obscentities, I quickly un-checked the box and closed the update.

IE FTW!!!!

6. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

can see why you have the picture now :p