RSD Lite Install Problem

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by Beetleboom, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Beetleboom

Beetleboom OSNN One Post Wonder

Whene trying to install on my XP machine I get a Default is drive D RSD lite must be installed on Drive C error

Any help?

2. goodwyne

goodwyne OSNN One Post Wonder

I get the exact same error. Anyone have a solution or an explanation?

3. technokid88

technokid88 Part of a System Folding Team

so install it on C

4. goodwyne

If the install package gave options to choose the drive that would be great advise. In fact, there are no options. You run the install program and that error message results. It's like it doesn't even see the C: drive. If you know a way to force it to install to C: and ignore D:, I'm listening.

5. technokid88

which rsd lite are you trying to install, i had put one up .. find mine.. it might work better.. i dont think anyone had any problems with it.

6. goodwyne

RSD_Lite_2.5_Release.exe which was extracted from RSD_Lite_2.5_Release.zip is what I have. It took me all day to find it and since this problem I've continued to search for others with no luck so far. Guess I'm just not looking in the right place.

7. technokid88

8. goodwyne

The problem is obviously NOT the file. I get the same result as before. The specific error mesage is:

"Default drive f D: detected; RSD program files can only be installed on C: drive. RSD program will abort."

Maybe this needs to be done on a computer where ther hard drive is NOT partitioned. I followed read me first.txt to the letter. I'm just stumped.

9. technokid88

Don't know what to tell ya, what you said could be true, since this prog is only for moto phone service centers and not for normal joes...

10. digg1er

digg1er OSNN One Post Wonder

when I download that file, my computer thinks it's a Windows Media Player file... When I double-click it, it tries to open a movie... what am I doing wrong?

11. digg1er

I am completely new to this so please bare with me... I saved the RSD Lite file from technokid on my Desktop. It is saved as a RAR file? WTF is that? My computer has no idea how to open it when I double-click it. It tries to open Windows Media Player. What am I doing wrong?? help!

12. technokid88

Oh this is why you prob having problems. RAR files, its like zip, but you need winrar program, google for it. And when you get it use the wizard and extract the file, to its own folder on your desktop.

13. digg1er

thanks technokid, i figured it out on my own last night after posting. I had never heard of the file extension 'rar'. I just googled it and figured out that it was a new 'zip' type of file and i downloaded winRAR. I was successfully able to flash to version .02 on my RAZR V3c. Haven't tried to transfer any files yet, but I plan on trying to transfer my phone book from my V3c to my Lexus via bluetooth later tonight. wish me luck.

14. technokid88

WinRAR is not really something new but lots of people have new clue what it is.

goodwyne likes this.
  15. krissyw

krissyw OSNN One Post Wonder

I'm having trouble finding the RSD lite program through google. Does anyone know a link to it?

16. paxx

paxx OSNN One Post Wonder