Roxio!

H

Hud

I disabled Roxio Goback 3 so I could backup my hard-drive with Ghost 2003. Now it won't recognize my C: drive only my F: drive. I tried uninstalling it but it say's drive C: is running in dos compatibility mode and won't uninstall. I checked in Intel Application Accelerator and my drives are running in DMA-5. I tried reinstalling Goback hoping it would fix it but no luck. When I try to disable it in windows it say's can't communicate with driver. I tried uninstalling in in safe mode but it said it won't uninstall in safe mode. does anyone know how I can remove this program? I thought about deleting the Roxio Directory and removing all entries in the registry but I don't know how to fix the MBR in NTFS.

Finally got it uninstalled. What I did was to disable the F: drive then start the computer which disabled Goback then I could uninstall it. The only problem now is windows explorer can't see the F: drive. I can see it in disk management so I guess I'll have to reformat my F: drive. Before I had this trouble I downloaded the newest version of Goback but I don't know if I want to try an install it or not. Are there any other programs like Goback that work in XP Home.

Hello there, I was interested in your comments about Goback.
I have 4 years experience of continual using it and can say that it is 100% compatible with XP/98 etc.
As you know , disabling and removing have the same result of removing its history.
You should always "remove" as a better option to carry out exercises such as yours, also trying to uninstall from the disable position is not to be recommended.
If you have the registered version, go to the Roxio website and download the 3.21 version, which 100% compatible with XP as is 3.11 version.
It is still miles better than System Restore and is a solid piece of software.
As a tip, try to "custom" install and choose approx 1500Mb for the backup (backio file), on a 30Gb drive etc ,this will give you at least 4 days or so back up reserve, which should be enough for most people.
10% of your H/D uses up too much spare capacity.

Hi RogerPhillis, I do have the registered version of Goback and have already downloaded the updated version. I wanted to Clone my hard-drive to a backup hard-drive with Ghost 2003 but it wouldn't let me until I disabled Goback. When I tried to re-enable Goback it only listed my second drive that I use for video editing. I didn't even get the Goback screen when I booted up the computer. I tried to uninstall so I could reload but Goback said my C: drive was in dos compatibility mode and wouldn't uninstall. When I tried to disable Goback said it couldn't communicate with the driver. I tried reinstalling over it but it didn't help. When I tried to install the updated version it tries to uninstall the old version which it couldn't so the install aborted. I do like Goback it has saved me many a times. I going to do another backup with Goback uninstalled and try to install it again. All I wanted to do was make a back up in-case my hard-drive ever fails or gets a virus.

RogerPhillis

I just installed the newest version and except for not seeing my F: drive everything seems to be working OK. The next time I ghost my hard-drive should I uninstall Goback or is there a better way to Ghost with goback running?

Personally, I have had repeated problems using Ghost 2002/3 to mirror a standard Gb H/D to an external USB connected H/D.
The external drive is never recognised, but this has not resulted in any cross over problems with Go Back.
Ghost has had many amendments over the last year or so, and appears to need more to make it fully able to perform the full range of functions needed.
The 2 programs may not be compatible, but I would tend not to blame GoBack.

Well Go Back has been known to cause serious issues with NT an XP boxes. One I came across myself. Also it seems to work fine for others. K sara sara

I don't know why but after rebooting my computer Goback is reconizing my F: drive again. I think Goback 3 Deluxe is a great program and it has saved me many a times. I never had problems untill I disabled it so I could do a Ghost backup. Next time maybe I'll try removing it first.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back