ripping dvds

that is so odd...have done other dvds that have worked and this is the only one that won't? or is the only one you have tried?

no... I have tried a few weeks ago and it worked fine. (done using DVD+RW)
this time I wanted to put it on to DVD-R as it seems that my Theatre System doesn't support the +R/RW format at all.

Tuffgong4 said:
can you point to a more specific location in the forums because a lot of people here could benefit from knowing and looking through all the threads is a little tough. it would be much appreciated. I looked but only could find using more than one program and then shrink

here is the link to the FAQ/Knowledgebase section in the DVDsrhink forums if you look through the pages you come across such as "How I backed up XXXX".

http://forum.digital-digest.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=57

Here is the link to the post that explains how to make a backup of The Grudge.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?threadid=46832

The process is essentially the same for many of the newer movies. I made a backup of The Grudge and Resident Evil Apocolyspe using this same process.

Yharn said:
here is the link to the FAQ/Knowledgebase section in the DVDsrhink forums if you look through the pages you come across such as "How I backed up XXXX".

http://forum.digital-digest.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=57

Here is the link to the post that explains how to make a backup of The Grudge.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?threadid=46832

The process is essentially the same for many of the newer movies. I made a backup of The Grudge and Resident Evil Apocolyspe using this same process.

ok thanks for following up...that's how I thought you ripped and burned them as mafia and I posted earlier in the thread...I thought you meant that you did it only with dvdshrink without using dvd decryptor. the guide said you needed them both, just as I thought

Kermit_The_Frog said:
How much free space do you have left on your HD?

Well, I have a 80GB HD split into 4 partitions. Probably less than 3GB left in the backup partition where the DVD (shrink) copies are kept.

So is it possible you dont have enough room to manipulate the files on that partition ?

Not enough space on the drive "harddrive" maybe

nah... I had 18GB when I tried to create the backups on to DVD.

EDIT: Besides, Shrink was telling me that there wasn't enough space on the blank dvd that i put in.

i came upon this thread through googling a similar problem to ming's original question:

i have been using decryptor and shrink for over a year now, and have never had any problem that i could not fix after an hour or so. but this seems different to me - i burn dvd's somewhat rapidly, as i have quite a collection and am trying to get it all done. i have used 4 different types of blank media, and i have never had a problem with any of them, from the cheapest to the most expensive (+R of course). now, almost completely randomly, when shrink finished encrypting the image, just before it starts the burning process, it stops with the same error ming was talking about: there is not enough space left on the disk. of course, i tried other discs, other brands, all to no avail. i have been using this particular brand for a month now, and all of a sudden, i cant burn any image to any blank dvd. i double checked all the compression settings, everything. nothing has changed from when it worked all the time. i even checked through decryptor and when i inserted the blank media, it reports that there are only 2,000,000 sectors free, as opposed the the 4,600,000 sectors or so that it should say. im at a loss for a resolution - i have tried everything i know from re-installing shrink, getting the newest version of shrink, updating nero, everything i could think of. still, "not enough space on blank disc"

i know im reviving a somewhat dead thread, but there really wasnt a resolution. ive scowered the shrink forums, havent found a thing. anyone have a guess?

The is strange thats for sure I for one have noy "yet" had this problem hope I never do. I wonder if its something to do with hardware ie: after so many disks the burners crap out, has anyone with this problem borrowed another dvd burner or tried a 2nd one?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back