Riiiight whats happnin here??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by SkazzyUK, Aug 31, 2002.

1. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Anyone tell me whats going on here?

I formated my pc leaving one drive intact with all my data on then when I put XP on again all the picture's in the folders or the old hard disk have gone like this??? so I don't know what's what.

They are ok when I double click on em and preview them in any program but never when in file preview whats going on??

SkaZZy:D

2. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

what does your XP smoke?
    Does changing your display settings solve the problem?
    see what'll happen.

3. allan

allan Guest

Did you, in fact, install your video card driver? If so, before reinstalling go to Display Properties - Advanced and see if the color quality setting is 32 bit.

4. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Nope, 32bit colour and drivers freshly installed, only happens when previewing.

I have tried changind resolution and depth etc nothing fixes it.

Only happens to those older ones, if i put a new foto in there it will show up the new foto but not the old ones :mad:

SkaZZy:D

5. allan

allan Guest

Just for the heck of it, have you tried moving one of those files to another folder to see if the pcture changes?

6. yoyo

yoyo _________________

There should be a hidden file Thumbs.db in the folder. If you delete it, explorer will build a new thumbnailcache.

7. allan

allan Guest

Yoyo - agree - that's where I was headed. If the picture changes when he moves the file then the thumbs.db is the likely culprit ;)

8. blinden

blinden OSNN Senior Addict

I think it is a pretty nice "custom" icon job, and you should keep it as is, first guy on your block to have something that looks like that