Riddle

Discussion in 'Funny Farm' started by Eve, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Eve

Eve Guest

ok, haven't even managed to figure this one out myself, have gone through it word for word but can't figure it out. Maybe one of you can put my mind at rest.

RIDDLE THAT'LL KILL YOUR BRAIN

This is going to make you so MAD!

There are two words that end with "gry".
    Angry is one and hungry is another.
    What is the third word.
    Everyone uses it every day and
    Everyone knows what it means.
    If you have been listening,
    I have already told you what the word is.

PS: I know this says "two words" I'm not sure if that is the answer to the riddle or just a typo from the person who e-mailed it to me.

2. LiteOrb

LiteOrb Guest

What is the third word =TWO ~maybe?

3. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac So Very Tired

The riddle starts at the third sentence. The word is 'it'.

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

5. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

The word is WHAT. :D

6. Stircrazy

Stircrazy Guest

lmao my g/f came home with that like a month or so ago the actual answer is GRY lol its a word cant remember what it means but looked it up that day on net lol
    went to ask.com even tho i hate the site lol and i put in the riddle sorrta lol and it spit the riddle out at me with the answer hehehe

7. Stircrazy

Stircrazy Guest

The word is WHAT. :D

lol 1 prob with that answer lol i tried it dont work no G r or y in what lol

8. djwhite

djwhite OSNN Senior Addict

The riddle says there are TWO words that end in gry, and WHAT is the third word. That means that the third wordis... WHAT. like people are saying alreay

9. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

As Stircrazy said in their first post the third word is rgy. I check it out for myself and Stircrazy is right. Copy the riddle and then paste in the search box at the site that I've got a link to and see what u get.

well the answer can be found here

10. gonaads

:rolleyes: But it did not say what is the third word that end with "gry". It said "what is the third word".

A play on words. :D

Plus... we all know it and use it every day. Hmmmmm... "gry", I don't think we all knew that. Nor do we use it everyday.

Anywho... ;)

11. Stircrazy

Stircrazy Guest

truthefully i never heard 1 person say gree just words that ryme it lol angry agree and so on But well thats what comes up lol and is the answer to the riddle weather we say it or not it asks for the 3rd word that ends in gry in the riddle lol it says that there are 3 and names 2 and then says what is the 3rd in the riddle lol

ohwell lol i hated that riddle anyway when my girl brought it home lol

12. gonaads

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Yes Eve has created, "Gerneral Mayhem". :p

13. Eve

Eve Guest

*LoL* That's my job ;)

14. djwhite

djwhite OSNN Senior Addict

The riddle doesn't say there are three words that end in gry, it says there are two, it is not a typo!!!
    Gonaads is right.

15. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Thread closed... damn riddle thinggy busting meh ballz :p

its there to confuzzle you!

MdSalih

16. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Something i just noticed... in a grammatical meaning... 'WHAT' is the third word... there is no '?' (question mark at the end) so therefore 'What' is the third word ;)

MdSalih

P.S. Some words in the oxford dictionary which end in 'GRY' :p

aggry: A glass bead found buried in the ground in Africa. A word of unknown origin. Seemingly always used attributively, as in aggry beads.

braggry: A variant form of braggery.

conyngry: An obsolete dialectal variant of conyger, itself an obsolete term meaning 'rabbit warren'.

gry: The smallest unit in Locke's proposed decimal system of linear measurement, being the tenth of a line, the hundredth of an inch, and the thousandth of a ('philosophical') foot. Also the grunt of a pig, an insignificant trifle, or a verb meaning to roar.

iggry: Egyptian colloquial Arabic pronunciation of ijri: 'Hurry up!', brought back after the First World War by members of British and Australian forces who had fought in Egypt.

mawgry: from Old French: being regarded with displeasure.

meagry: Having a meager appearance.

nangry: A variant form of angry.

podagry: Dodder, or the condition of a plant infested with it.

puggry: A variant form of puggree, a light scarf wound around a hat or helmet to protect the head from the sun.

enjoy :p