Retail MMO Archlord now totally free!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ray_gillespie, Mar 30, 2008.

1. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Hi guys,

For anyone out there who likes their MMOs but doesn't like subscriptions, and especially for those who don't like paying for games at all, Archlord has now been released for completely free by Codemasters.

Check it out here.

The game was released back in November I think, so quite recent, but due to relatively low numbers of players they have decided to make it completely free to everyone.

You can use real world money to buy in-game credits for stuff, but there's absolutely no requirement to do this if you don't want to and you can play quite happily without any cost at all.

It's not a bad game from what I can gather (I have just started a character this weekend), it's no World of Warcraft beater but then again it's free and it's still quite good. Graphics are pretty top notch, music's really quite good actually.

If you've never played an MMO and want to see what it's like, this might be a good place to test the water. Have fun!

2. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

bman will be right on this

3. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Archlord is what you call "just another korean grinder" at least it was at beta/launch.

If anyone plays it and think it's improved let me know and I'll dig out my box :p

4. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

it actually looks pretty good.