Restore iBook Keyboard Mapping

Techno Child

web{designer}
Is there any way to restore the default keyboard mapping on the internal keyboard? I just exchanged the Japanese/US keyboard that was on the unit when it was upgraded to Tiger with a regular US one, and the ()'s fall on numbers 8 and 9, " is created with shift + 2, and + is created with shift ;... There are a few other issues with other keys, however all the letters seem to be in the right places.

Any Ideas? I would very much hate a reinstall at this point, there is a ton of things to back up/programs to locate the disks for etc...

-tc

Have you gone into the "System Preferences"? Go into it and look for "Keyboard & Mouse" > "Change Keyboard Type" > follow the steps. I hope that does what your looking for. :)

Hmm... I cannot find "change keyboard type" Are you sure it's in system prefs?

Try System Preferences then International and the Input Menu tab. Then scroll down to set the keyboard language maybe...

Tried that already... It is checked by US English, not many options there.

not sure what else to try I've never had this problem before. I take it google surfing hasnt turned up much useful...

Here... This is all I get when I click the keyboard tab.

Attachments

• keyboardoptions.jpg
    keyboardoptions.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 201
Here is a pic of mine so you don't think I'm crazy or feeding you a line of bull. :p

keyboardmouseeh7.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back