Removing Internet Explorer Completely !!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ZAnwar, Jul 10, 2002.

1. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

How do you remove Internet Explorer totally, not leave a trace !!!

I am using MSN Explorer now !!!

2. mbunny

mbunny Guest

hhaha... from Crap to Crapper

I'd like to remove IE completely but theres too many idiot web designers who don't seem to understand that there are more browsers than IE.

Hotmail for example... You can only change your passport password if you have IE or Netscape... i'm sorry but both of these browsers don't do it for me

Mozilla all the way =)

3. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

THERE HAS TO BE A WAY !!!

4. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Install Linux

5. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

Come on, give me a good answer, somebody must know !!!

I want to use MSN Explorer not IE !!!!!!!!!

6. J0sh

J0sh Guest

Just set MSN as the default browser... and mbunny's right... MSN is worse than IE... its all bloat, theres too much crap and it takes up browsing room.... plus, if you removed MSN messenger, MSN won't work.

7. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

Even If I untick it from Add/Remove Programs, it still stays there !!!

Can't it be uninstalled !!!!

8. oDin

oDin xp m0nk3y

ok ya you don't want to remove ie. i have done it. and it ****** my system up nice. the thing with ie is that its built into windows. its part of the os. wait till the service pack comes out. i think you might be able to uninstall it then. oh, and i belive msn uses the same engine as ie. so they are basicly the same thing

oDin.

9. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Just because MSIE support certain functions (iFrames for one) that other web browsers, such as Mozilla and Netscape, does not make the web programmer/designer an idiot.

Don't call me an idiot because I utilize functions supported by MSIE to make websites more powerful and easier to navigate.

And, if you still think of me and other web designers as idiots because we do so, I am sure I could out design you any day, any time.

10. allan

allan Guest

As oDin says, it's part of the OS - remember the law suit?

IE cannot be removed and still leave a funcitioning Operationg System.

11. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

i give up, thanks anyway !!!!!

12. mbunny

mbunny Guest

I'm pretty sure you could out design me but what web designers fail to understand is that you are isolating linux users and non-IE using people. When you make a website you should consider using the W3C standard rather than using the IE Sub-standard.

Or if you really love your IE iFrame, consider using javascript to determine what browser that they are using and if it isn't IE or IE-compatible, then redirect it to a W3C compliant webpage. It is rather narrowminded to code only for IE. IE itself doesn't follow the W3C standards, there are some sites out there that are W3C compliant and IE can't display them properly. Go figure.

13. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

throw away computer...there permanently removed:)...

14. hawk

hawk Guest

Come on people! What is so bad about IE? It has everything a backbone browser should have (back, forward, stop, refresh...etc). Just because another browser has a prettier picture for the toolbar, does that make it better? I admit that some browsers have "tabs", but I believe IE is going to implement that in a later version. If you don't like IE because you have problems with using a M$ product or you think it is "cool" to not like it, you have some other issues to iron out. If you don't like IE because of the interface, fine, then use another browser but don't complain when you cannot see a webpage. IE has become the standard for most internet users so it is time for everyone to crack down and just use it or don't expect to get as much from the web.

Nuff said...

15. l0g0ut

l0g0ut OSNN Addict

hehehe.... you want to use MSN Explorer but not IE? i can't stop from laughing.. MSN Explorer is just 'skin' (if you may call it) to IE....

16. allan

allan Guest

SP1, when released, will allow you to uninstall IE safely.

17. adek

adek Very xp-erianced

THERE WAS A PROGRAM A WHILE A GO CALLED WINDOWS LITE. THIS WOULD INSTALL WINDOWS WITH OUT IE, BUT I THINK IT WAS ONLY FOR 98

18. Piett

Piett ...will circle this city

i think that i remember that program. it also came with the "Capslock Only" program.
    >=]

19. KLoWn

KLoWn Guest

I agree on this one. (Not that Many agree with catch on anything heheh) I was a Web designer Until the recession then i had to go back to hard labor to make money.

So many web designers don't even properly test their site let alone make it compatable For other browsers. When i was in buisness i always made the sites i built compatable to 3 browsers. Linux, IE, & Netscape unless the customer said otherwise. If you look at major site statistics those are the 3 most common used browsers. I remember IE Being 88% Netscape was 9% Linux was only 2% and others were at 1%. I explained to my customers that I could make it IE only if they requested it but out of 100 sales they could lose 11 sales without being compatable. Sometimes it limited certain functionallity to a site (Especially with linux) but we made browser redirects for the pages that had this problem (Shopping carts were the biggest headache on this point linux hates ASP).

Anyway It is a matter of those that think they are professional web designers and those that are professionals...