Removing documt folder in explorer window

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Wartox, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Wartox

Wartox Guest

Hi, i'm a bit new to this forum, so please bear with me.

I'm using XP pro (danish edition) and every time I open explorer it starts up displaying the documents folder and sub-dirs (folders like My pictures, My music, My ebooks).

I would much rather like it to open "This computer" and have it showing the different drives.

Does anyone know "how to" ? (i would suspect that a reg.key needed tampering with a bit).

Am i making sense here ?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Here is one way>

Delete the shortcut to explorer. Create a shorcut to my computer by right clicking on it. Put the shortcut where you want it then do this>
    How to Make My Computer Open in Explore Mode With Folder List

In My Computer click Tools menu, and then click Options.
    Click the File Types tab. In the list of file types, highlight "(NONE) Folders"
    Click Advanced button, In the Actions box, highlight "Explore" Click "Set Default"

Welcome to the forums. Have fun.
  3. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Or try winkey+E. This opens explorer with My Computer expanded. (At least mine does, since I didn't change anything should be default). Or just rightclick your explorer icon, click properties and change the command to:
    %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /e,
  4. zalood

zalood OSNN Addict

That would depends on how you open WinExplorer . .
    The easiest way to get what you wanted is by:
    click Start and drag My Computer (hold left mouse button) to your desktop . . from now on you will see all of your drives by clicking that shortcut
  5. Wartox

Wartox Guest

This is a great place...

You guys...

I honestly didnt expect so that much help so soon.

I've set the explorer props to "/e" and it works and now i also know the coolest little shortcut. "Winkey" is a cute name.

This just to say thanx a bunch guys