Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Feedo, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Feedo

Feedo Guest

Hi guys,
    what do u think is the best remote desktop application?
    many people are saying PC Anywhere.

Regards

2. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

try these...

Read This

And This

It all depends on what you need, your OS and what kind of connection you have. PC Anywhere is good but it costs $$ VNC is free but not as user friendly (IMO) but if you run XP you might as well use remote desktop...

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

If you decide to take the VNC route, make sure you get UltraVNC. It's much more feature-rich than the original VNC server/client. Also, the Video Hook Driver for Win2000 and XP improves performance quite a bit.
    Free is good. Open source is even better :D

4. phishhead

phishhead OSNN Senior Addict

I do tech support for a software company and we use netmeeting every windows ver has it and it has desktop sharing built in...best of all very low resource hit.

5. Dlovely

Dlovely Guest

I personally Like Emco, its a small company and it installs the service on the other PC, no need to send a file or install crap on the other PC. I use it at work all the time in conjunction with my winxp remote desktop.

6. Guybo38

Guybo38 Guest

I personally use remote administrator, found it really easy to install and configure. It is being used on my home network and also to help out a few people when they are requiring a little technical savoir faire from a distance.