remote desktop question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by IDLE, May 12, 2005.

1. IDLE

IDLE OSNN Senior Addict

is there a setting somewhere that allows the user to see what i am doing if i am connected to their PC? when i connect it locks the pc from the user seeing what i am doing. if the user unlocks it i get disconnected. any ideas?

2. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Either use someting like VNC or remote assistance. For remote assistance u need to be connected to Messenger and ask the person for "Assistance".

3. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

IDLE likes this.
  4. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

We use netsupport manager at work, although it is probably more suited to a corporate environment. link

5. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Nice Rush... looks all pretty... there are lots of solutions... I've worked with most... best one tho for me is Dameware. On a domain it can connect to anything using the proper credentials. If it's not installed on the remote machine, it installs it in about 5 seconds, then connects. It's even faster than RD (EDIT - could be the speed of the network that affects this END EDIT) - and I thought RD was quicker than everything except Citrix.

Once connected, a panel on the left has an explorer like feel with all their running processes, services, SP updates completed, software installed... it's grrravy.

Net Support looks dope too.. I'll see if we have it somewhere - and I'll test it out.

6. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

Netsupport is pretty good for remote admin & support of machines, especially if there are different offices at different locations. You can then have 1 central support which can get at all the pc's on the network.

7. Mastershakes

Mastershakes Moderator

Right on. They all do it (what you are mentioning) Dameware, Tivoli, Citrix, CA's RCO, Microsoft's SMS