RegCLeaner

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mr. Sushi, May 25, 2002.

1. Mr. Sushi

Mr. Sushi Guest

i've been hearing about this thing called RegCleaner.. well i was wondering if it would fix this problem.
    i installed DivX Pro. it also instaleld GAIN, an annoying program. i uninstalled Divx Pro but GAIN was still on my comp. i manually deleted all of the files. but i know it's still in my regedit. will this program clean it out? i am not experiences and i don't want to go into regedit and mess with anything . if this program will clean out the files out of regedit than and solve my problems can anyone tell me where i can find this program?

2. milez

milez Guest

Read this from divx.com (http://www.divx.com/legal/privacy.php)

"The ad-supported version of the DivX Pro codec is bundled with GAIN software. The GAIN software may collect information about you in the course of its activities."

You should give Ad-aware a go from http://www.lavasoftusa.com

It rids your system of ad/spyware and is FREE!

3. Mr. Sushi

Mr. Sushi Guest

i think i deleted all the files, and i know what GAIN is. all i need to get rid of is the regedit files. will that program do that?

4. milez

milez Guest

Ad-aware does scan your registry and gives you the option of deleting offending registry keys.

Give it a go.

5. Fatman

Fatman Guest

Yes. Also, make sure you download the RefUpdate 2.0 to make sure all the references are up to date.

6. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

I don't think that Regcleaner with " registry cleanup " button will delete what you want . But u can do it manually from it's sheets .

7. roberto

roberto Guest

and dont forget to back up your registry files before you touch anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    come on people!

8. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Haven't done any backup with regcleaner ( i trust it ) , i'm serious now , maybe from now to future i'll be in much more trouble :D

9. Mr. Sushi

Mr. Sushi Guest

how do you back up? how do delete? you just click the folder and press delete?

10. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

If you are talking regcleaner go to the tab backups, select the one you want then restore. It is very easy to use. :D

11. Mr. Sushi

Mr. Sushi Guest

i wasn't talking about that but what does REGcleaner actually do? i was talking about how to get rid of a registry in the regedit thing.

12. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

If you are not 110% sure of what you are doing in 'regedit' then leave it alone. One mistake & it's all over. Regcleaner will clean out the old registry settings from regedit for you & just in case it makes a backup.

13. unclepiak

unclepiak Guest

Here is the place you can get RegCleaner jv16.org

Use this tool in carefully, do not press any button if you're not sure what are you doing.

Goodluck !