rear speakers.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Plexapotamus, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Plexapotamus

Plexapotamus Guest

Hey everyone, just wondering why I don't get sound from my rear speakers with mp3s, works fine with games, movies and the like, but not with audio multimedia. My settings in control panels are setup for 4.1

Any ideas?

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

what sound card are you using ?

I had a problem after formatting that no sound came from my rear speakers... I updated my drivers (or rahter I installed my audigy drivers lol) and boom... all good :) sound out the wazoo now :)

3. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

Yes its a 3 way problem possibility,
    Control Panel / 4.1 settings from CD install/driver update.

4. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

which card is giving you all the trouble? (most likley all the time a driver problem if DVD, games work and MP3s don't) :D

5. 2Shy

2Shy Guest

im not certain, but im sure its because mp3s are only in stereo and no coded for 4.1+ speakers? /shrug, i could be wrong but it happens "sometimes" when i play mp3s on my dvd player, its hooked up to inspire 5700's and sometimes i just get music coming from the front speakers and sometimes from all...

~2Shy

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

yeah, 99.99% of mp3's are 2-channel stereo. but 4.1 speaker systems should still have sound coming out of each speaker while playing them. the 2 front channels are just mirrored to the back.

plex... try playing your mp3's with different programs.

7. RazerBack

RazerBack The First Rebirth

Happened to me with WinAMP 2.9X, installed on top, lost the back speaker support. Deleted, installed with the same new version. Works fine.