Reactivating Office

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by BouncingSoul, May 17, 2007.

1. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

There is no way I can ask this question without sounding like I'm trying out some warez. I'm not, this is a real situation, however I do understand that this might break some forum rules. If this gets out of hand please close the thread.

Anyway, I have a legitimate copy of Office 2003. My boss hooked all of the techs up with a copy of his Technet version. I have no idea if this violates some technet EULA, if it does that I'm SOL. Assuming I'm still in the clear I'll continue. I installed Office some 2 years ago, since then I've received a new system, I reinstalled Office and the activation check fails. Since it's not my Technet subscription I can't really call MS. But I am wondering, is there a place in my old system that stored the activation info? If there is can I just copy that activation folder into my new computer and cause it to be reactivated?

2. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

3. BouncingSoul

That's exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately it still prompts to connect and activate, then tells me that our product key has been activated too many times. I guess I'll have to get my boss to be me Office 2007 instead.

4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

TechNet Subscriptions are per user.

However, are you installing the version included with his TechNet Subscription or are you using a Retail or OEM CD to install?

TechNet Subscription Product Keys only work with TechNet installation discs or Direct downloads.

5. BouncingSoul

I don't know what type of CD he had. He copied the contents of the disc to the server and we just install across the network.