RE: system restore files

J

Johncki

hey all. First i want to say that this is a great site. Heres whats up. I read preveously somewhere in here how to get rid of the system restore. saved files that u dont need and to save the ones u do. but I forgot how to do it and i cant for the life of me find where that is at in the forum. I remember doing it and it worked great. it freed up space and in my opinion way have something there taking up space if u dont need it. Hope someone can help. it was a great tip.

To delete only certain restore points and keep others:

Open my computer, open your hard drive, Tools, Folder Options,
View, Uncheck hide protected operating system files, answer yes, open System Volume Information, Open restore folder, RPs are listed from the lowest number to the highest number (oldest point to newest point - I check the date by right clicking on the RP and clicking on properties to see the date created).

To delete, right click on the RP, right click on delete, answer yes and it's gone - almost!

I then go to the recycle bin after I am done deleting from here and then delete the RP's from the recycle bin.

Oh Yea - remember to go back and recheck Hide protected operating system files.

There is a way also to delete all but the last one which is a lot easier than this - but the method slips my mind at the moment!

DUH!

RE: system restore

That's how to do it. got it. some of those rp take up a whole lotta space! even though i got a 40gigger. I like to keep her clean. Thanks alot.

Click here

In this thread there is mention of getting rid of all restore points and also a link from Allan pertaining to the same thing I said above. It might provide you with some additonal good info!

Yes, I have been through the System Restore info quite a lot!

:cool:

Johncki - glad it worked out!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back