Re: saving e-mail

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Johncki, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Johncki

Johncki Guest

hey all. hows everyone doing? good i hope. My Q is this. I get alot of great jokes on e-mail from my brother. well after i forward them. Is there a simple way to send them into my documents so I can have them out of outlook. not to delete them? Thanks :)

2. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

I use Outlook Express - but I imagine it is pretty close to the same.

This will save the entire e-mail (including to, from. subject etc)

Open the email, File, Save as, select desination where you want to save it , add a name and Save.

I have a folder called Jokes (how originial) and I add a number to the end of it (I'm up to Jokes #11) and periodically (like every 6 months) - I move them to a multisession cdr, clear out the folder on my hdd, rename it to the next number and start collecting jokes again.

Hope this is some help - I am sure there is probably another 100 ways people archieve their jokes.

3. Johncki

Johncki Guest

so Damnyank you put a number in the save as so it won't owverwrite the other fwd's right? That's a great way to do it. sometimes I just have to say duh ya dummy! jeeeeeshh that's why I love this forum.. Thanks again and have a great day : )

4. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Johncki - I think ya misunderstood.

I open the message I sent out (I usually use "Jokes for (a date)" or the name of the joke in the e-mail subject so I can find it again later).

I use the numbers on the folder that I am saving the jokes to: ie the first folder I started with about 2 computers and 6 years ago was Jokes # 1, currently I am up to Jokes #11.

After I move the jokes in the folder to cdr - I empty the folder I just copied, and then rename the folder to the next number (my next folder will be 12) and start saving jokes into that folder.

I don't number anything as far as the save as goes - although everyone does things their way - whatever makes sense to you and whatever you understand seems to be the best way to things.:D

5. Johncki

Johncki Guest

Got it now Damnyank....jeez after i did it. i thought how &*&69 simple. now there saved. thanks again