ramdisk xp pro

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by fatboy, Jul 21, 2002.

1. fatboy

fatboy Guest

I have just aquired this tool and was wondering if any of you have any tips on what I can do with it, I'm wanting to know if I can add copying software into the ram disk and would it make a difference to the speed at which I burn ????

Thank You. :D

2. allan

allan Guest

In my opinion, unless you are running a large datacentric program (uses a large, dynamic database), ramdisks are pretty useless in XP. Some people put Temp Internet Files there. Just remember the memory is completely dynamic & volatile - when you shut down the system everything in the ramdisk is lost.

3. fatboy

fatboy Guest

it isn't lost if it's backed up is it ????

4. allan

allan Guest

No, of course not. :)

But whatever is in the ramdisk at the time the system is shut down or reboots will be wiped out, so yes - if it's data you need then it has to be backed up before shutdown.

5. freightgod

freightgod Confused and Bewildered

In Ramdisk Pro you can enable a feature which will automatically save and restore the contents of your ram drive.

6. fatboy

fatboy Guest

Does anyone have any tips for this piece o kit or wot ????

7. freightgod

freightgod Confused and Bewildered

8. djmorgan

djmorgan OSNN Addict

Hmm I run a ramdisk and that particular program, but sorry don't talk to rude people, especially those that bite the hand that feeds them. :mad:

suggest you continue your quest. :rolleyes:

9. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

Hey, less of the rude comments Fatboy. We all use these forums and people flaming each other just gets threads closed.

So now for a calming kitten :)

[​IMG]