RAMDisk Drive

D

DasBoot

Can I get any benefits of using RAM Disk? What can or should I put on it?
I tryed to install SuperSpeed RAMDISK XP Pro, but no luck running it. When I tryed to enabled RAM Drive system restarted by itself and ... no RAM Drive.
Tweak_XP RAM Disk works fine. So my question is how much memory should I allocate to RAM Drive on 1G DDR333 system runing XP Pro.
TIA

the only thing that MIGHT, (but probably not) gain you might get with temprorary internet files

if you have a very small temp internet file, and you delete the file everytime you close ie, then this ram disc might be for you, IF, you have tons of ram, and don't mind loosing 50 or 60 mbs to programs on order to get5 this minor internet gain

most people will not get a good use out of this either.

Originally posted by dealer
the only thing that MIGHT, (but probably not) gain you might get with temprorary internet files

if you have a very small temp internet file, and you delete the file everytime you close ie, then this ram disc might be for you, IF, you have tons of ram, and don't mind loosing 50 or 60 mbs to programs on order to get5 this minor internet gain

most people will not get a good use out of this either.
Thanks Dealer that's what I thought!
Why should I pay $65 for useless programm!

I've had bad experiences with RAM drives ... many people use it without problems, but I moved away from it. Large downloads (like 750 meg linux ISOs) were getting truncated to 32 MB files, and it was just a huge pain.

Not worth it IMO, but there are those that disagree.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back