Ram Ram Ram Ram Ram

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ste_w, Aug 8, 2002.

1. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

HI ALL

I CURRENTLY HAVE 512MB RAM BUT I HAVE STYLE XP AND MY CUSTOM XBOX SKIN IS USING UP TO MUCH RAM!312MB TO BE EXACT SO I NEED TO KNOW IS THERE A FREE PROGRAM WHICH WILL HELP ME FREE UP RAM? XP COMPATABLE OF COURSE

THANX

CYA

STE_W

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

All caps is hard to read.

Looks like you have got a bigger problem than getting memory back. I don't know of any program that will take up any where near that amount of memory. I only have 256mb & I don't need anymore. (not yet anyway) :eek:

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

hey ste_w, welcome to xp-erience.org :)

can u do me a favor? pls dont type in CAPS again, because it looks like your shouting.. ;)

And I dont think a skin can take up that much ram. Try closing some extra programs in systray.

4. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

you can get Clearmem from M$, it is a program they produced to flush and clean the RAM cache.

Seriously though no skin, theme or anything should be taking that much RAM space. StyleXP can run with a Zero Foot-Print (using no RAM).

5. Try right clicking on the taskbar and choosing the Task Manager option. This should show which processes are using all the memory. Clicking on Mem usage should sort it by that value.

6. Spiderman

Spiderman Guest

I was about to recommend ClearMem. It's cool because it does what it says. As these 312Megs are clearly not needed by a Skin, you should free them using ClearMem. Attention SETI@home-Users: Don't shut down the SETI client before using ClearMem - otherwise you will lose the current data package calculation results (and thus will have to start all over again).

Spiderman

7. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

Sorry about the caps all.

Like i sed i have a custom xbox skin, animations sounds, mpegs jepegs really complex theme took my months to make im gona change my theme anyway soon but i wud still like a website to getting some kinda ram prgram, thanx