Radio on my PC

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jestermask, May 13, 2002.

1. Jestermask

Jestermask WinTMBG Professional

Colorado, USA
    I'm itching to receive AM/FM radio stations on my computer, since my current sound setup on my computer far surpasses that of my stereo. So my question is, is there any internal hardware that I can use to make my PC get radio signals? I've been doing some research with these NewQ things (, but I have an issue with the fact that it connects from the sound card and then the speakers connect to the NewQ device. If it hampers sound quality, I don't want it. However, any other devices or favorable reviews on these NewQ devices would be much appreciated. I need to free up some space on my desk, and my big-ass Aiwa stereo seems like a great first step. ;)

Thanks all.

2. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

PC-World stock FM PCI cards, lets you get AM & FM.

What I've done is run a lead from my hifi output (phono jacks) to my line-in on my SBlive card. Get great signal. :D
  3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

United Kingdom
    I have a dinky small Sony AM/FM LongWave/ShortWave, just about anything radio with a cable going from its line out to my PCs line in. I unmute the LineIn and the Radio plays through the PC speakers, it is a bit dodgy when running games as well, but it works. Can also record the Radio using Creative Recorder 2.
  4. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Texas, USA
    Hauppauge win tv has the ability to receive FM. They have it in pci card or USB as I have. One of them is here. You can visit the Hauppauge site here .
  5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    d-link has a simple usb antenna, but it only receives fm signals. take a gander. i'm sure the sound quality would be pretty good.