radeon 9700 pro problem

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ykill, Jan 8, 2005.

1. ykill

ykill OSNN One Post Wonder

I just bought a radeon 9700 pro 128mb on ebay and when I received it, it was bent a little(******* canada post!!!) and the card worked but it has glitches (I'm not sure if it's the right word) just like this http://www.radeonthetop.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t190004289.html
    I would like to know if it's possible to fix this and where could I go to fix it
    (Sorry for my bad english)
    Thx

2. ykill

and the card has never been overclocked, it was supposed to work really fine

3. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

oh dear, that really doesnt look good. i am no graphics expert but get back in contact and tell him of the issue (if the card was purchased recently) if he is unwilling to help, let ebay know of the seller and that he sold you an item under the impression that it was a fully working card. Then maybe some further help can be given from the graphics gurus here :)

4. ykill

the guy gave me a refund but I just wanted to know if it's possible to fix this

5. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

The only thing you can do here (providing that you have checked for the obvious) is to run a soldering iron over all the solder joints on the board especially the memory chips as it looks like a latched-up gate on one of the memory chips or controller logic. The heat might un-latch it. Do not use any solder! If this does not work, bin it.
    :) :) :nervous:

6. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Dave Heat won't unlatch a failed silicon gate it will only reflow the existing solder and maybe repair an open conductor. But unless you have a micro tip iron and know what you are doing it's a waste of effort and likely to cause more damage.

If the seller gave you a refund he knew the board was crap when he sent it. Toss the thing instead of wasting your time.