radeon 9500 pro tapped out?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by NerdUprising, Jul 7, 2003.

1. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

was looking at buying a Radeon 9500 pro 128Mb card(built by sapphire)... had a nice site lined up to buy it for $177, but now, since the 9500 was discontinued, they are all sold out, and wont be restocked!

does anyone know of a place where I can buy it, or a card of equal grüviness (the 9600 is ok, but only 4 pipelines) for <$180?

2. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

9600 aren't too bad I hear, they get better B/M than the fellow 9500 at a very good price :)

Skazzy

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I would think perhaps www.pricewatch.com would be the place to check it out...

the 9600pro is a 0.13 micron process card (first such by ati) and while it does have fewer pipelines it overclocks like a rabid dog and is a pretty good performer on the whole...

4. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

if there is nothing on price watch there is always ebay :)

5. rnielsen151

rnielsen151 OSNN Junior Addict

6. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Try www.allstarshop.com about that price and still in stock a few days ago.

You may also be able to get the 9500 PRO branded by powercolor or sapphire if ATI has discontinued the 9500 PRO.

7. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

been checking the past few days over prices and whatnot... decided to go with 9600 pro (sapphire) in full box (lots of grüvy cables that I would end up buying overpriced anyway, dvi/vga adpter which is always a ripoff, and wolfenstein, so it cant be too bad of a deal) from newegg.

my guess is that a few of you read the thread I started a while ago between the 9500 and 9600, plus motherboards and whatnot, there I decided to use 9500, now im back to 9600...how fickle am I?
    regardless, thanks for all the help and suggestions

8. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

dunno bout you... but I am currently using most of the cables that came with my video card... and was doing so before with my 9700pro non AIW card... :)

the dvi/vga adaptor is useful for dual monitor setup when there is no dvi device present... :)

if you don't need the devices... don't worry about it... accesories are rather cheap on the market anyways,...

9. NerdUprising

NerdUprising [ Method ]

that is what I meant... Id be using most of the cables, so I figured why spend more money later when I can get them pretty cheap with the card

so for me, looks to be a pretty nice deal for a pretty smüv card with some pretty useful accessories :)