Quick...need a free HDD mirroring application!

• Thread starter Nathan Alexande
  • Start date
Need to mirror my office's server HDD...it's gonna fail soon.

-N

so you need something to copy and paste then ? if you can find another HD then just transfer the things to there .. you won't need a mirroring application for that - I looked at a couple of places and free is not what I found .. If it is a swappable raid configuration, just take the bad drive out and put a new one in, then it will rebuild itself ..

Norton Ghost?
P.s Nathan in your spec it says you have a 60mb hard drive, I think you mean gb? :)

Haha...hadn't noticed that error before...thanks! Yes, I need something similar to ghost, but it has to be free...any ideas?

There are no apps like ghost that are free, get a second HD from the local PC store, and use Windows backup if anything, or just move the files from one drive to another.

Ghost comes with Systemworks which comes with loads of other useful utils and sells dirt cheap (especially older but still useful versions) so might as well buy that.

Originally posted by coathanger007
Ghost comes with Systemworks which comes with loads of other useful utils and sells dirt cheap (especially older but still useful versions) so might as well buy that.
You could'nt give me a Symantec App - This is better:
  • http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/

or you could take a demo/trial version of something like partition magic? Just a thought, it only needs to be free while you take the backup, right?

Partition Magic don't back things up .. It is used to partition the hd

You would need something like Norton Ghost or PowerQuest DriveImage.

G4U is a freeware NetBSD based hdd cloner, though a little more complicated then Ghost or DI: http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/

JJB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back