Question for round cables

X

xk_2hot4u

I'm planning on buying a Antec Cobra A26 Round 133 ATA Cable Model 77226 and was wondering if it will have enough connectors on it for my hard drive, cd burner, and dvd burner drives. Do I need to get two or will one connect all of these?

Thanks for responses

an IDE cable will never have more than 3 connectors... 1 into the MB, and 2 for devices. So... you can only have 2 devices per cable.

You are correct about the cable, but only 99.9% of the time. I was doing some work on a system built by ASL and discovered a 36" four connector IDE cable. It blew my mind, the most amazing thing was that it worked, but it was still limited to the two devices of course. Just thought I would let you know.

Why on earth would they make one like that?
icon10.gif
Can't use the third one anyway :confused:

No, it was not standard and not CS. The only reason they used a cable like that, so far as I can figure, is because is a tall Chenbro case that they may need the extra length, the extra cable adapter is if the drives were separated in the case by a long distance. I was mostly surprised that the length of the cable was not to long.

That would make sense, because you might want to reconfigure where your drives were and not have to worry about replacing cables.

Originally posted by SmkyB
You are correct about the cable, but only 99.9% of the time. I was doing some work on a system built by ASL and discovered a 36" four connector IDE cable. It blew my mind, the most amazing thing was that it worked, but it was still limited to the two devices of course. Just thought I would let you know.
i have a kit to make ide leads up, so i dare say it was someone who needed the connectors in a diffrent place and added a couple on, probably didnt want to take the others off incase it messed up the cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back