Question concerning Athlon XP

2200 IN THE CASE OF THE NEW CHIPS
THE 1400 ATHLON WAS THOUGH---
BUT MY XP2000 IS NOT

do a lot of homewor and read a lot of sites the xp chip was only a half way fill stop gap till the hammer or whatever they decide to call it .
the 2200 is a smaller die than mine at 0.13 but hammer will be 0.09

The T'Bred started at 2200+ and was a huge flop, the 2400+ and 2600+ were just introduced and will be here next month with lower voltages. Your 2000+ is a Palamino core, which is .18 micron. My money is on Barton, if it ever gets here (doubtful), and if that doesn't come out, I'm bailing and moving to Hammer.

Originally posted by john30uk
the 2200 is a smaller die than mine at 0.13 but hammer will be 0.09
Clawhammer(Next Gen Athlon) will begin it's life at .13 SOI micron and I believe Sledgehammer (Opteron) will be at .09 micron...I think...Clawhammer will move to .09 SOI micron sometime in 2003.

for those of you with palamino core xp chips (UofEEE and Goatman) are you able to upgrade to t'bred chips such as the 2200+ without changing the motherboard. Meaning, does your mobo support those chips.

Originally posted by KingOfTheJungle
for those of you with palamino core xp chips (UofEEE and Goatman) are you able to upgrade to t'bred chips such as the 2200+ without changing the motherboard. Meaning, does your mobo support those chips.
Yes sir. All it really requires is that you flash your BIOS to the latest version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back