question about the auto turn off hdds option!!???

D

DAZZ

if i set this to somthing like 20 minutes...and the hdds turn off...if im downloading somthing like a game demo or somtihng, thats big...

would the download stop or keep on going???

as far as I know

That 20 minutes is after 20 minutes of no activity so if your downloading something no it dont turn off at night sometimes I am getting huge files over night and mine is set to 20 minutes and I turn off the moniter and go to bed ....... its all there the next morning .........;)

Yeah, unless your using a laptop that you leave running alot or something (and even then why the hell would you leave it running with no HD use) You shouldn't use that feature.

I have 3 HDD's and one of the drives I had set to power off after so long by accident...lemme tell you what a slow down it was when the drive would power off and some random program would query it then it would take forever to wait for it to spin up and such.

Not necessary for it.

It's not healthy to be turning things on and off. Yes it says it's turning it off, but Windows has things running in the background and it's going to be flickering on and off, and causing the life of the HDD to shorten alot...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back