Question about clicking links

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkrulz, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Hey all, One thing that has been ticking me off is when you click a link, the window is always the way I never want it to be. I know that when you resize a window, it stays to your preferance, but mine isnt...its like there is a break point, where you can only extend it so far but until you extend it the size of the window itself, then it wont save...

Personally I love all of my windows Maximized... I know that you can set windows when you open them with the application to Maximized (Properties, Window = Maximized)...but is there a way that the window is Always maximized when you open a link to say?

2. DrX

DrX Guest

interesting idea and i like it

Im going to delve into the registry and see what i can find

have you tried in Start > Run > gpedit.msc

there may be the option in there

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

if you have XP home that doesn't work

4. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

I have XP Professional, as well as GPedit had nothing in it...nor am I familiar with it, but I didnt see what I could understand.

5. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

not sure if this is what you are asking, but if you want you links to open in a maximized window here's a way where u can get pretty close:

open only one IE window and navigate to any site. Then hold shift and click on any link on the page. Then close the original window . Resize the new window to as big as you want. You can get very close to maximized, but not actually maximized. Then hold either shift or ctrl ( i forget which one, try both) and click the X in the top right corner of the screen. The next time you open a link the window should be the size you set it to. You might have to resart first. :)