Pump Up The Volume!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dubstar, Dec 14, 2003.

1. dubstar

dubstar format c:

in search of

Volume booster software.. i put the master on max, the others are all up, and it sucks, its not loud at all..

i mostly listen to music when im in the shower (not like you really needed to know, just trying to set the scene)

and i cant hear it over the fan sucking the steam up, and the beads of water hitting my face...

'elp me!

2. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

You could try raising the volume level of all your music files. You can do that using MP3Gain

3. adamg

adamg Guest

...or get a water-proof pair of heaphones...

4. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

You're only going to be able to get as much noise as your speakers can handle, trying to push them too far will just result in horribly distorted noise. If your speakers are too quiet, maybe it's time for some new speakers..

5. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Shower radio :)

6. WAM

WAM Guest

I've tried all sorts of non hardware ways of doing this, but, as previously mentioned you only end up distorting the sound. The only way is to route your output through an amplifier and let it rip.............

7. versionfiv

versionfiv OSNN Addict

thought you were talking about the movie there, heh.

i recommend you use some sort of wave editing software (sound forge, wavelab, etc.) they can get pricey and are studio-quality, but they get the job done straight.

8. lechtard

lechtard Guest

Run speakers from your Pc to the bathroom ..

9. dubstar

dubstar format c:

80s movies rock!

thanks everyone, i guess i'll just throw down $150 for a nice little 2.1 system.