ps/2 to com connection

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Pin, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Pin

Pin Guest

My old pc cannot support ps/2 mouse. I can only use serial com mouse.

I cut and stripped off an old mouse serial "com" connector cable and wish to join it on the ps/2 connector cable of my new mouse.

There are four coloured wires and copper threads on the com connector cable. The colour are black, orange, brown and red.

I wonder what are the wires inside the ps/2 cable...are they the same? can i simply join the ps/2 mouse back to the com connector cable?

I tried to look for the ps/2 to com connector at shops, but they dun sell it here.

Please advise. Thanks.
  2. Lithium

Lithium Guest

id just go buy a serial mouse would be alot easier than what your doing
  3. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

You don't want to mess with that. There are adapters you know. They hardly cost anything at all.
  4. Pin

Pin Guest

Yes, i know, but i cannot find the ps/2 to com adapter at my local stores. Wat to do?

I already got this ps/2 mouse as a spare...certainly wont want to spend some more money on a new serial mouse.
  5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    i'm sure there's away to do it by simply splicing wires and such... i just don't know it. that's all a simple adapter does, really. look around on the net and i'm sure you can find someone's detailed walkthrough of how to do it. keep at it. }:>
  6. Pin

Pin Guest

I also believe there is a way out!! I have sent a mail to , just hope that they are able to help me with this.
  7. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

i don't know where u live , i can give u one ...