Progressive Insurance is a whoremonger in the highest degree

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
I got a quote for a bike i was looking at and they quoted me $2500, so i thought screw that i wont get that bike.

So i talk to a few people and i go to geico and got a quote for the same bike, $512 is what THEY quoted be 5X less than Progressive FIVE TIMES LESS. Thats more than shocking that ****ing daylight robbery. Well it would have been if i was dumb enough to go with progressive, i'll never use them again ever.

I just thought you should all know this exclusive shocking true life event.:devious::laugh:

lancer said:
I got a quote for a bike i was looking at and they quoted me $2500, so i thought screw that i wont get that bike.

So i talk to a few people and i go to geico and got a quote for the same bike, $512 is what THEY quoted be 5X less than Progressive FIVE TIMES LESS. Thats more than shocking that ****ing daylight robbery. Well it would have been if i was dumb enough to go with progressive, i'll never use them again ever.

I just thought you should all know this exclusive shocking true life event.:devious::laugh:

That's a big price difference.

Are you sure there was not a difference in coverage or time?

That's an odd one lancer. I've used Progressive on my bike for a few years (bike is not insured atm). But my yearly was about $600.00

Wonder if it's an age and first time rider thing?

But the Geico quote is pretty damn good, if it's for a year. If 6 months, not that good. Plus what type of coverage are you getting?

Move to 'The Green Room'

*wonders why gonaads didn't move it*

*runs*

If you join the military, get USAA. My wife and I are paying 800 every six months for full coverage on our two sedans (97 ford and 88 nissan) with collision on the Ford PLUS 10,000 in homeowners insurance, roadside assistance, and low deductibles.

Commercial over!

Jewelzz said:
Move to 'The Green Room'

*runs*

Workin on it... huh...? Nevermind. :rolleyes:

wasn't this in the green room to start with? where did i post it then

And yeah it was exactly the same coverage, i know i was absolutly amazed myself. Yeah the geico one was for one full yr. crazy hey.

and gonaads why is your bike not insured, what if you get into trouble?

lancer said:
and gonaads why is your bike not insured, what if you get into trouble?

Bike has been in garage for a year now. It needs a new battery (I got that three weeks ago), a new rear tire (100 frickin dollars!) and I have to re-register it. Sooo, rite now it sits, rite behind my Volvo turbo. :( It constantly reminds me to do shiit to it every time I move it ta get the Volvo out. :p

That be why it not insured... waste o money. Hell I even let my AMA (American Motorcyle Association) membership laps.

That is a pretty big quote difference. I use Progressive now and pay a bit less then that on my car for collission/comprehensive, etc, as well as car rental insurance, which I added, but the credit union it's financed through doesn't require. Odd... My rates had climbed up a little the past coupla years though...

But yeah, when you're shopping around, you should get quotes from several places first, before plopping your cash down anywhere.

Same situation here... a friend of mine gota new bike this spring, he has no faults on his driving record, has had a bike for 1 1/2 years, 1 company wanted almost $4,000, checked another company and they wanted $1,200. It all depends on who wants your money & it definitely pays to shop around.

Jewelzz said:
Move to 'The Green Room'

*runs*

'Nads took the short bus to school.

*runs away with J*

---

wrt Insurance, some places charge less than others depending on their liabilities and what you declare. Some of them are cheaper for first timers, i.e. geico.

I use progressive now because they offer better coverage for me with my experience and driving record at a far lower price than others. As the rest have said, pays to shop around :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back