Problems with Tweak XP's auto-logon

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by CelicaMan94, Aug 1, 2004.

1. CelicaMan94

CelicaMan94 OSNN Junior Addict

I enabled the auto-logon feature on Tweak XP and now it won't disable. I've uninstalled Tweak XP and deleted all the registry key associated with it that I could find. The auto-logon feature is still enabled, and I'm unable to access other users accounts on the computer. How can I get rid of the auto-logon so I can create and use other accounts?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Go to the start menu & left click your account. (the picture at the top next to your user name) When the box opens click 'back'. Under 'related tasks' see if you can create a new account in there.

Alternatively you could do a system retore to a recent point before tweakxp was installed.

3. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

See if the registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
    AutoAdminLogon = 0

4. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Goto Start>Run and type "control userpasswords2" (without quotes) and click "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer"

5. CelicaMan94

CelicaMan94 OSNN Junior Addict

I got the auto-logon disabled, but the welcome screen doesn't appear when I log off. I had no problem creating new accounts, but I'd like the welcome screen to come up to make things easier for everyone. When I log off, I only get the window that comes up where you have to type your name and password in manually, as if the welcome screen isn't enabled (which it is).