Problems with new board

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by s0198hb, Apr 29, 2005.

1. s0198hb

s0198hb OSNN Junior Addict

i have just got my self a msi K8N NEO2, amd 3500 (clawhammer). every thing started ok but since i updated to the lastest bois my graphics card keeps crashing on all my games. any ideas?

2. Kush

Kush High On Life!

what gfx card do you have? make sure ur running the latest mobo drivers, and also if thers a bios update for ur card get that too

3. Kush

Kush High On Life!

forgot to add, check ur bios settings since an update clears the settings i think

4. s0198hb

my graphics is a ati 9600xt i think

5. s0198hb

sorry guys just fixed it. i went into my bios and there it said that my main graphics card was a pci card but it is a agp so it is changed. thanks anyway guys

6. s0198hb

i spoke to soon now it loads the game but after a min or so my monitor goes into stand by mode.

7. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

disable fast writes :D

8. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Duh, put the old Bios back in. The update web sites all tell you not to update bios unless you are having a specific problem that the new bios fixes. Newer is not better, it's just different.

Xie likes this.
  9. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

This is some good advice. Write it down and look @ it next time you think of updating your bios.

10. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

heh

you should always keep the motherboard flashed to the latest bios. AMD and Intel both supply updated microcode patches failry reglary to bios makers so even if you dont directly suddfer from problems the firmware can improve performance and fix potential bugs or issues in the cpus.

However, the last thing you should be doing is messing with the bios when you dont know what you're doing. Granted youo need to learn somehow, but learn by understanding most of what the configuration options are and how they cann affet your hardware after being reset to default when flashing.

11. s0198hb

can i put the old bois back on using the msi update software