Problems with Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Treize Diamond, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Treize Diamond

Treize Diamond OSNN One Post Wonder

OK. I am positive that I have something nasty running in my system and here is why. For a while now my system has been running slowly. I have ran Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE 1.05, Spy Sweeper, and also McAfee Virus scan, Aside from some tracking cookies my system shows up as clean. I decided to look at the active processes running on my system (I run Windows XP with SP2) and I have found that my problem seems to be with Internet Explorer. the iexolore.exe seems to always have a running instance that does not seen to drop below 70% I have tried to force the instance to close, and it does, but it comes back seconds later. Is there anyone who has had a similar problem? And if so what is the solution? If you need more information, please let me know. You can reply here or PM me. I will update and keep trying to solve my annoying issue.

Treize D.

2. RickyC

RickyC OSNN Addict

Just to clarify, I take it you mean 'iexplore.exe' and not 'iexolore.exe'

3. Treize Diamond

yeah that's the one, sorry about the typo ehhe

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

A post of a hijackthis report might help someone help you. :)

5. Treize Diamond

Actually I figured it out. I got a different spyware scanner. Formally known as GIANT Anti-Spyware, and it found a brouser hijack. all fixed now *does a happy dance*

6. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Just so you know if you like GIANT it was the spyware company just bought up by Microsoft so you may want to check out the new Microsoft anti-spyware app. :)