Problems with ATI Radeon 9500, 128MG

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Engineer, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Engineer

Engineer OSNN Addict

I just got a new video care, ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, 128 MG and a new Samsung Syncmaster 955DF FlatScreen monitor.

Since the install, I have had the following problems,

When surfing the web IE locks up or the computer boots up,

When Running 3D games I get some weird white graphics in the trees (in the game) and the game will lock up or boot me back to my desk top.

Did not have problems before this installation and I do not think it is the monitor.

1.6 Ghz, P4 Intell
    Gigabyte Titan MotherBoard
    512 RAM

Any help would be appreciated. thanks
  2. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

London, UK
    Have you downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers?
  3. Engineer

Engineer OSNN Addict

New Drivers

The current version driver I have is dated 10-12-2002 and titled version

Though I noticed that at the ATI site there was a Catalyst driver date January 2003. I have often thought that this might be the probelm though I am not sure.
  4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    the new drivers are basically to fix open GL problems some people's setups... I doubt that would apply to IE... but might to the games...

now when you installed the card did you do a complete format and clean install of your OS ? its possible that older drivers might be bugging your system...

also check out the tech forums @ for problem solving related to 9500 series... that is basically the official un-official ati tech support channel... ati engineers hang out there...

basically try out the NEW cat 3.0 drivers and then if that doesnt work and you have not formatted... go ahead and try that out...