problems searching

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by petdevils, Sep 8, 2002.

1. petdevils

petdevils Guest

hey guys,

nice job on the new site... nice surprise...... don't know if its just me ... but i've been having a hell of a time trying to search the site/forums etc and just thought i'd bring it up just incase someone else has too. keep up the great work... thanks

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Working OK for me. Still can't find what I'm looking for though. :rolleyes:

3. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

could you be more specific, what kind of errors/problems?

4. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

Like khayman said... you need to be more specific - so we can sort the problem ... if there is one

MdSalih

5. petdevils

petdevils Guest

ok.. sorry i wasn't more specific....

i tried 3 different times to search for the terms "edit track info windows media player 8" and it keeps taking me to the screen saying:

vBulletin Message
    The search term you specified (8) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
    If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

vBulletin Message
    The search term you specified (8) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
    If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

And it won't let me get any further..... on reflection i tried a different search with fewer terms and they seemed to work... however... i am wondering if perhaps i kept getting this screen because either.. (a) there were too many terms... or (b) there was no results (at the time) and it merely didn't say that......... but then again i'm prolly totally off or using it wrong or something... so thats about as specific as i can get... its prolly just me... thanks again for the site.

6. pothitos

pothitos Guest

the word you search for has to be at least 3 letters long there fore the word 8 is only 1 letter long :)

7. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

yup, each word must be more 3 or more long

8. petdevils

petdevils Guest

so you can't search for the version number of a product then? thats a bit odd........... without typing the number as a word... or adding decimals and zeros etc... prolly wouldn't get picked up on cause other people wouldn't write that either..... i dunno just ignore me :)

9. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

OK consider yourself ignored................................hey............wha................who said that? :p