Problems running games with 3D

S

Shaad

When I try to run games such as NHL 2002 I get an error to the effect of: Fatal Error: No hardware-accelerated Direct 3D devices were found.

When I check the Direct X diagnostic tool, it shows I have 8.1 and everything is working.

I have an NVIDIA RIVA TNT Model 64 (Sony) and it is showing that all my drivers are updated.

Also, one time, miraculously, I got a game running, but the next time I tried to run it, I got the same problem again.

Hopefully somebody can help me out!

A suggestion...

which should help. From what you have said in your post there seems to be a problem with you vidcard.

try this.
1st -- go to the nvidia site and download THEIR XP drivers for your card ( the ones from microsoft do not support some game modes like openGL)
2nd -- extract the drivers to an easy to find folder (C:/TNT drivers or something like that)

3rd --Go into the system manager and REMOVE (ie get rid of) the listing for your video card (TNT2).

now after rebooting your machine you should get the New Hardware wizard. when it starts to install the drivers just specify the folder where your nvidiaXP drivers were stored.

hopefully that should solve the problem.
If you still have a problem at that point, completely remove and then re-install the game.

:D

Thanks, the games are running for now.

Hopefully they will stay that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back