Problem with video

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Glaanieboy, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

It seems that all my video-codecs has been broken, or at least something in Windows that sends out the video to my screen. I first saw that my DivX movies were cropped, I miss about half the movie, just like all the sides have been trimmed. But then I saw it happened to wmv (Windows Media Format) compressed movies too.
    I first suspected the unofficial nVidia drivers (ver 45.20), but I rolled back to 44.03 (they always worked fine), but still, the problem exists.
    As I said, I don't think the codecs are a problem, since it happened out of no where (videos were good, even after I installed the unofficial drivers, for some time), and all of the compression formats seem to be affected.
    Does anyone know a solution, do I have to re-register some file with regsrv32?

ps. I already uninstalled Kazaalite codec pack, to see if that worked, but that didn't matter. It did work before with the pack installed.

2. phishhead

phishhead OSNN Senior Addict

download nimo codec package.

3. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Nemo codec didn't work. I really think it must be something in the Windows XP subsystem. But what?

4. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Aha! I found it. It turned out to be a setting in the nVidia control panel. You can set a zoom level in the video-overlay and that was set to maximum. I first didn't know what it was, so I played with it, but with no (apparently) effect. I never thought about it, until I installed a nVidia tweaking program (nvhardpage) and there I saw the option and the word 'Video-overlay'. DOH!