Problem with System?

M

mAsTa NoOdLe

Hey,
I'm having a massive performance problem. For some reason My computer freezes up, but I can ctrl+alt+del, and i can move my mouse. So i look in my task manager, an din processes. It tells me that teh System image name is using up 99% of my CPU, BUT I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING!!! most of teh time, I'm trying to close a program. For a while i thought it ws XoloX, but it happened to me when XoloX was not running...
Interesting??

eh, just format and reinstall windows. maybe a virus, or some hidden spyware?(i think i just made the spyware thing up, but couldn't it be active and um, do things like use up system resources?)

sounds like a hardware thing, CPU over heating/ RAM faulty/ GC drivers

Before you format and reinstall (why do people rush to suggest that as a "solution"?) - try a full virus scan and dowonload and run ad-aware (http://www.lavasoftusa.com).

Look in msconfig and see if anything is starting you aren't familiar with. If necessasry, do a selective startup (disable everything and if things go nicely start adding things back one at a time until the problem recurs).

Don't be in a rush to reformat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back