Problem with NERO on XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mr Confused, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Mr Confused

Mr Confused Guest

Has anyone got any ideas about nero not working propperly with XP, I've downloaded the latest version 5.5 and XP still comes up with an error saying that some drivers are conflicting and they've been dissabled.

The only copying software i'm using is nero and the problems not there before the damb programs loaded. Any ideas anyone??

2. Brotherswing

Brotherswing Guest

Probably a conflict with some other driver, program, or service. I'd try using MSCONFIG to disable all the background stuff you don't need, as well as updating all the drivers in your system. Then give it a try.

3. Mr-Q

Mr-Q Guest

I use Nero 5.5.8.0 with my Wintendo XP and they run smoothly together, so you must be having some conflicts elsewhere.

Good luck.

4. shaydenb

shaydenb Guest

Nero

Have you disabled the CD burning service that is built into the OS?
    I can't remember the name of the service but I know it is there.

5. Mr Confused

Mr Confused Guest

burning service?

how do i get to that to disable it?

6. G_Raff

G_Raff Guest

How to disable the service.. or any service really

Just right click on my computer, then go to 'manage', from there you will see at the bottom, services and applications.. expand that directory and you'll see services.. in there are all kinds of fun things.. one of which is the cd-burning service.. I'm not sure exactly the name of it.. IMAPI cd-rom COM burning service I think.. anyhow.. right click on that, go to properties.. and then click on stop.. then change the automatic to manual..

Give that a try.

Cheers :D

g_raff

7. Brotherswing

Brotherswing Guest

It's called IMAPI CD burning COM service. click start - run, then type MSCONFIG. click on the second to last tab, then scroll down. it should be towards the bottom of the list. I don't know if that'll help though, because it's still enabled on my machine and I burn with Nero all the time.:confused: